Oil on canvas
52 x 60 in.
132.1 x 152.4 cm
Signed front lower right: Philip Guston
- Art Bridges
- Auction: Sotheby's, New York, Contemporary Art Evening Auction, May 18, 2017, Lot 11
- Private Collection
- Auction: Sotheby's New York, Contemporary Art Evening Auction, May 14, 2008, Lot 65
- Stefan T. Edlis, Chicago
- Marlborough Gallery, New York, NY, "Philip Guston Recent Paintings", October 17, 1970 - November 07, 1970
- La Jolla Museum of Contemporary Art, La Jolla, CA, "Philip Guston: Recent Work", July 31, 1971 - October 03, 1971
- McKee Gallery, New York, NY, "Group Show", January 04, 2001 - March 10, 2001
- Missoula Art Museum, Missoula, MT, "In Praise of Folly: Five Artists After Philip Guston", January 25, 2019 - May 18, 2019
- Rollins Museum of Art, Winter Park, FL, "American Modernisms at the Rollins Museum of Art", September 18, 2021 - December 31, 2021
- Philip Guston. Exh. cat. New York: Marlborough Gallery, 1970, cat. no. 11, not illus.
- Philip Guston: Recent Work. Exh. brochure. La Jolla: La Jolla Museum of Contemporary Art, 1971, cat. no. 11, not illus.
- Slifkin, Robert. Out of Time: Philip Guston and the Refiguration of Postwar American Art. Berkeley: University of California Press, 2013, illus. in color plate 23
- Tully, Judd. "Sotheby's Miraculous Night." Blouin Artinfo, May 19, 2017, mentioned in text, not illus.
- Walsh, Cory. "A Philip Guston Painting Plants Seeds for Future Work." The Missoulian, June 15, 2018, p. E3, illus. in color
- Walsh, Cory. "Five artists tap into the humor and rage of Philip Guston." Missoulian, March 15, 2019. Online, illus. in color
- Melandri, Giovanna. "Guston? Vado al MAXXI." Il Foglio (Rome), October 7, 2020. Online, detail illus. in color
- Mcllhagga, Samuel. "Philip Guston's Controversial Embrace of Figuration Still Shapes His Market." Artsy, November 3, 2020. Online, mentioned in text, not illus.
- American Modernisms at the Rollins Museum of Art. Exh. cat. Winter Park: Rollins Museum of Art, 2021, illus. in color p. 49