Oil on canvas
72 x 114 in.
182.9 x 289.6 cm
Signed front lower center: Philip Guston
- The Art Institute of Chicago, Bequest of Musa Guston
- Marlborough Gallery, New York, NY, "Philip Guston Recent Paintings", October 17, 1970 - November 07, 1970
- Boston University Art Gallery, Boston, MA, "New Paintings, Philip Guston", November 14, 1970 - December 13, 1970
- La Jolla Museum of Contemporary Art, La Jolla, CA, "Philip Guston: Recent Work", July 31, 1971 - October 03, 1971
- Hammer Museum, Los Angeles, CA, "Examining Pictures: exhibiting paintings", January 02, 2000 - May 02, 2000
- Philip Guston. Exh. cat. New York: Marlborough Gallery, 1970, cat. no. 29, illus. in b&w p. 34
- Philip Guston: Recent Work. Exh. brochure. La Jolla: La Jolla Museum of Contemporary Art, 1971, cat. no. 9, not illus.
- Smith, Roberta. "The New Gustons." Art in America, January–February 1978, pp. 100–5, mentioned in text p. 103, not illus.
- Coolidge, Clark, ed. Philip Guston: Collected Writings, Lectures, and Conversations. Berkeley: University of California Press, 2011, mentioned in text p. 224, not illus.
- Slifkin, Robert. Out of Time: Philip Guston and the Refiguration of Postwar American Art. Berkeley: University of California Press, 2013, illus. in b&w fig. 14 p. 41
- Greenberger, Alex. "Philip Guston's KKK Paintings: Why an Abstract Painter Returned to Figuration to Confront Racism." ARTnews, September 30, 2020. Online, mentioned in text, not illus.
- Gurrardo, Antonio. "Le stonature della polizia del linguaggio." Il Foglio (Rome), October 12, 2020. Online, illus. in color
- Elliott, David. "The Unstoppable Paintings of Philip Guston." Border Crossings, November 2020, pp. 48-55, mentioned in text p. 50, not illus.
- Cooper, Harry, Mark Godfrey, Alison de Lima Greene, and Kate Nesin. Philip Guston Now. Exh. cat. Washington D.C.: National Gallery of Art, 2020, mentioned in text p. 7, not illus.
- Storr, Robert. Philip Guston: A Life Spent Painting. London: Laurence King Publishing, 2020, No. 121 illus. in color p.126 and mentioned in text pp. 122, 129 and 131