Oil on paper
22 x 30 in.
55.9 x 76.2 cm
Signed, dated and inscribed front lower right: Philip Guston - Rome/1971
- The Museum of Modern Art, New York. Bequest of Musa Guston
- The Museum of Modern Art, New York, NY, "Philip Guston: Works from the Collection", May 28, 1992 - July 26, 1992
- Museo Carlo Bilotti, Roma, Italy, "Philip Guston: Roma", May 25, 2010 - September 05, 2010 Travelled to:
- Philip Guston in the Collection of the Museum of Modern Art. Exh. cat. Essay by Robert Storr. New York: The Museum of Modern Art, 1992, illus. in color p. 21, listed as "Untitled (Rome, 1971)"
- Anfam, David. "Philip Guston: Rome and Washington." Burlington Magazine, September 2010, pp. 636-37, mentioned in text p. 637, not illus.
- Miller, Peter Benson, ed. Philip Guston Roma. Exh. cat. Ostfildern: Hatje Cantz Verlag, 2010, cat. no. 39, illus. in color p. 201, listed as "Untitled (Rome)"
- Coolidge, Clark, ed. Philip Guston: Collected Writings, Lectures, and Conversations. Berkeley: University of California Press, 2011, illus. in b&w p. 225, listed as "Untitled [Rome, 1971]"
- Miller, Peter Benson, ed. Go Figure! New Perspectives on Guston. New York: American Academy in Rome; New York Review of Books, 2014, illus. in color Fig. 27 p. 70 (unpaginated) and mentioned in text p. 69
- Guy Yanai. Exh. cat. New York: Miles McEnery Gallery, 2019, illus. in color p. 9
- Mayer, Musa. Resilience: Philip Guston in 1971. Exh. cat. Zurich: Hauser & Wirth Publishers, 2019, illus. in color p. 84
- Storr, Robert. Philip Guston: A Life Spent Painting. London: Laurence King Publishing, 2020, No. 144 illus. in color p. 142 and mentioned in text p. 142