Oil on canvas
77¼ x 128¼ in.
196.2 x 325.8 cm
Signed front lower center: Philip Guston
- The Metropolitan Museum of Art, Bequest of Musa Guston, 1992
- Boston University Art Gallery, Boston, MA, "Philip Guston: New Paintings", March 15, 1974 - April 14, 1974
- David McKee Gallery, New York, NY, "Philip Guston", November 15, 1974 - December 18, 1974
- Levin, Dan. "Guston Art in the Pink." News, March 21, 1974, p. 5, mentioned in text, not illus.
- Larson, Kay. "From Abstraction to the Absurd: The Transformation of Philip Guston." Real Paper, April 3, 1974, pp. 20–21, illus. in b&w p. 21
- Levin, Sondra. "Guston Works Displayed in SFAA; Visions of Forms, Tales of Feelings." Daily Free Press (Boston, MA), April 9, 1974, illus. in b&w
- Baker, Kenneth. "Review of Exhibitions: Boston, Philip Guston at Boston University." Art in America, May–June 1974, p. 115, illus. in b&w p. 114
- Philip Guston. Exh. cat. New York: David McKee Gallery, 1974, cat. no. 14, not illus.
- Philip Guston New Paintings. Exh. cat. Boston: Boston University, 1974, cat. no. 13, illus. in b&w unnumbered page
- Coolidge, Clark. "Clark Coolidge Class 1." Naropa Institute Jack Kerouac School of Disembodied Poetics, Boulder, July 1, 1980, Audio recording, mentioned and read poem inspired by it
- "Portfolio and Documents: Philip Guston." TO: A Journal of Poetry, Prose & the Visual Arts 2, no. 3–4 (1994): pp. 159–206, illus. in b&w p. 173
- Smith, Roberta. "Time, the Infinite Storyteller." The New York Times, January 1, 2010, p. C25, mentioned in text
- Saltz, Jerry. "A Grand Tour: My Favorite Paintings in New York..." New York, August 9–16, 2010, illus. in color p. 65
- Radell, Thaddeus. "Philip Guston: A Problematic Centennial." Painting Perceptions. Blog. April 2, 2013. Online, mentioned in text, not illus.
- Wolin, Joseph. "Painting the Town Rad," Time Out New York, March 5–11, 2015, illus. in color p. 14
- The Artist Project: Why John Baldessari thinks Philip Guston's "Stationary Figure" is courageous. New York: Metropolitan Museum of Art, 2015. Video, illus. in color and details illus. in color
- Philip Guston & The Poets. Exh. cat. Essay by Kosme de Barañano. Hauser & Wirth, 2017, mentioned in text p. 78, not illus.
- Hollein, Max. Modern and Contemporary Art in The Metropolitan Museum of Art. New York: Metropolitan Museum of Art, 2019, illus. in color p. 132
- Cooper, Harry, Mark Godfrey, Alison de Lima Greene, and Kate Nesin. Philip Guston Now. Exh. cat. Washington D.C.: National Gallery of Art, 2020, illus. in color p. 163 and mentioned in text p. 163
- Storr, Robert. Philip Guston: A Life Spent Painting. London: Laurence King Publishing, 2020, illus. in color p. 323 as part of a photo with Philip Roth and illus. in color p. 324 as part of an installation photo
- Art=: Discovering Infinite Connections in Art History. New York: Metropolitan Museum of Art, 2020, illus. in color p. 039
- Coolidge, Clark. 16 Poems for Philip Guston. Portland: Container Corps, 2021, illus. in color opposite p. 13