Oil on canvas
67¼ x 72½ in.
170.8 x 184.2 cm
Signed front lower center: Philip Guston
- The Phillips Collection, Washington D.C., Gift of Musa Mayer and Musa Guston, 1984
- David McKee Gallery, New York, NY, "Philip Guston Paintings 1975", March 06, 1976 - April 10, 1976
- Maier Museum of Art, Lynchburg, VA, "A Bend in the Road: Paintings and Works on Paper by Jake Berthot, Philip Guston, Bill Jensen, Pat Passlof, Milton Resnick, and Myron Stout", August 30, 2003 - November 30, 2003
- Daejeon Museum of Art, Daejeon, Korea, "Conversations: Impressionist and Modern Masterworks from The Phillips Collection", July 02, 2014 - October 09, 2014 Travelled to:
- Museum Barberini, Potsdam, Germany, "From Hopper to Rothko: America's Road to Modern Art", June 17, 2017 - October 03, 2017
- Hess, Thomas B. "Dumb is Beautiful." New York Magazine, March 29, 1976, pp. 86–87, illus. in b&w p. 86
- Philip Guston Paintings 1975. Exh. cat. New York: David McKee Gallery, 1976, cat. no. 6, not illus.
- Pulido, Natividad. "La Phillips Collection de Washington desembarca con su artilleria pesada." ABC, July 14, 2016, mentioned in text, not illus.
- Impresionistas y Modernos: Obras maestras de la Phillips Collection. Exh. cat. Barcelona: Obra Social "la Caixa," 2016, illus. in color p. 141
- Westheider, Ortrud, and Michael Philipp, eds. From Hopper to Rothko: America's Road to Modern Art. Exh. cat. Potsdam: Museum Barberini, 2017, cat. no. 63, illus. in color p. 211 and detail p. 198
- Storr, Robert. Philip Guston: A Life Spent Painting. London: Laurence King Publishing, 2020, No. 186 illus. in color p. 179, illus. in color as part of an installation photo p. 329 and mentioned in text p. 180