Oil on canvas
78 x 116½ in.
198.1 x 295.9 cm
Signed front lower right: Philip Guston
- San Antonio Museum of Art, Purchased with funds provided by the National Endowment for the Arts and The Brown Foundation
- Gallerie dell'Accademia, Venice, Italy, "Philip Guston and the Poets", May 10, 2017 - September 03, 2017
- San Antonio Museum of Art, San Antonio, TX, "40 Years, 40 Stories: Treasures and New Discoveries from SAMA's Collection", October 16, 2021 - January 02, 2022
- Smith, Roberta. "The New Gustons." Art in America, January–February 1978, pp. 100–5, illus. in color pp. 104-105 and mentioned in text pp. 104-105
- Scaljon, Basil N. "New Works Make Exciting Witte Show." San Antonio Express-News, July 8, 1978, p. 2-B.
- Glueck, Grace. "Gallery View; The San Antonio Museum Searches for Its Audience." The New York Times, October 2, 1983, p. H33, mentioned in text, not illus.
- Bucklow, Christopher. What Is in the Dwat: The Universe of Guston's Final Decade. Grasmere, England: Wordsworth Trust, 2007, Plate 32, illus. in color p. 184 and mentioned in text p. 79
- Visual Rhythm. Directed by Jayne King. San Antonio, TX: Northwest Vista College, April 28, 2009. Dance performance.
- Waking from Recklessness. Directed by Catherine Batchelder. Choreographed by Michelle Thompson and Laura Faria. Carver Cultural Center, San Antonio, 2010. Performed by the Ballet Conservatory of South Texas.
- Budnick, Madeleine, ed. Hello, Circulos! Shapes in English y Espanol. San Antonio: Trinity University Press, 2012, p. 8
- Powers, Jessica and John Johnston, eds. The San Antonio Museum of Art: Guide to the Collection. San Antonio: San Antonio Museum of Art, 2012, pp. 176-177, 186
- Lucarelli, Niccolo. "Dal Rinascimento a Bukowski. Philip Guston pittore-poeta a Venezia." ArtsLife (Milan), May 11, 2017, illus. in color
- "Philip Guston and the Poets at Gallerie dell'Accademia di Venezia, May 10–September 3, 2017." Arts Summary. Blog. May 13, 2017. Online, illus. in color
- Buck, Louisa. "Venice Biennale 2017 Highlights: What to See at the Giardini, National Pavilions and Beyond." Telegraph (London), May 19, 2017, illus. in color as part of an installation photo
- Art It. "Philip Guston and the Poets @ Gallerie dell'Accademia di Venezia." May 25, 2017. Online, illus. in color as part of an installation photo
- Jakubowski, Dan. "Philip Guston and the Poets." Artforum, July 5, 2017, mentioned in text, not illus.
- Stremmel, Kerstin. "Seine Radikalität war schuld." Neue Zürcher Zeitung (Zurich), July 7, 2017, illus. in color and illus. in color as part of a slideshow
- Philip Guston & The Poets. Exh. cat. Essay by Kosme de Barañano. Hauser & Wirth, 2017, illus. in color pp. 90-91 and mentioned in text p. 75
- Caliandro, Christian. "L'arte rotta (VII). Imprevisto e libertà secondo gli artisti." Artribune (Rome), February 24, 2020. Online, illus. in color as part of an installation photo
- Cooper, Harry, Mark Godfrey, Alison de Lima Greene, and Kate Nesin. Philip Guston Now. Exh. cat. Washington D.C.: National Gallery of Art, 2020, illus. in color Fig. 8 (Kate Nesin essay) p. 216 and mentioned in text pp. 216-217
- Storr, Robert. Philip Guston: A Life Spent Painting. London: Laurence King Publishing, 2020, No. 217 illus. in color p. 204 and mentioned in text pp. 197 and 204