Oil on canvas
48 x 36 in.
121.9 x 91.4 cm
- University of Northern Iowa Department of Art Purchase. Dr. J.W. Maucker Fund
- Egan Gallery, New York, NY, "Philip Guston Paintings and Drawings", January 12, 1953 - February 07, 1953
- Des Moines Art Center, Des Moines, IA, "Communicating Art from Midwest Collections, American and European Paintings and Sculpture 1835-1955", October 13, 1955 - November 06, 1955
- University of Iowa Art Department, Iowa City, IA, "Paintings, Drawings, Sculpture, Prints from Twenty-Three Iowa Collections", May 09, 1961 - August 06, 1961
- Solomon R. Guggenheim Museum, New York, NY, "Philip Guston", May 03, 1962 - July 01, 1962 Travelled to:
- Indiana University, Bloomington, IN, "American Painting 1910-1960: A Special Exhibition Celebrating the 50th Anniversary of College Unions Fine Arts Gallery", April 19, 1964 - May 10, 1964
- University of Northern Iowa Gallery of Art, Cedar Falls, IA, "Highlights from the Collection", August 25, 2008 - September 21, 2008
- Catalogue of the Permanent Collection, Iowa State Teachers College. Brochure. Cedar Falls: Iowa State Teachers College, [1951?], listed in checklist, not illus.
- Ashton, Dore. Philip Guston. New York: Grove, 1960, illus. in b&w p. 36 (unpaginated), listed as "No. 6"
- Paintings, Drawings, Sculpture, Prints from Twenty-Three Iowa Collections. Exh. cat. Iowa City: University of Iowa, 1961, cat. no. 27, not illus.
- "Painting Owned by SCI at New York." Courier (Waterloo, IA), March 28, 1962, illus. in b&w
- Philip Guston. Exh. cat. New York: The Solomon R. Guggenheim Museum, 1962, cat. no. 20, illus. in b&w p. 58
- Courier (Waterloo, IA). "SCI to exhibit permanent art collection." July 25, 1965, p. 35, mentioned in text, not illus.
- Ashton, Dore. Yes, but... A Critical Study of Philip Guston. New York: Viking, 1976, illus. in b&w p. 104
- Leet, Richard. "Abstract Painting Gains Appeal." Globe-Gazette (Mason City, IA), March 1, 1977, p. 11, mentioned in text, not illus.
- Ashton, Dore. A Critical Study of Philip Guston. Berkeley: University of California Press, 1990, illus. in b&w p. 104
- UNI Permanent Art Collection. Exh. cat. Cedar Falls: UNI Gallery of Art, 2008, illus. in color p. 12