Oil on canvas
60⅝ x 68 in.
154.0 x 172.7 cm
Signed front lower left: Philip Guston
- Smithsonian American Art Museum, Gift of S.C. Johnson & Son, Inc.
- S.C. Johnson & Son Inc.
- Private Collection
- Tokyo Metropolitan Art Gallery, Tokyo, Japan, "The Sixth Tokyo Biennial", 1961
- Sidney Janis Gallery, New York, NY, "New Paintings by Philip Guston", February 13, 1961 - March 11, 1961
- Milwaukee Art Center, Milwaukee, WI, "ART: USA", September 20, 1962 - October 21, 1962 Travelled to:
- Patricia & Phillip Frost Art Museum, Miami, FL, "Modern Masters from the Smithsonian American Art Museum", November 29, 2008 - March 01, 2009 Travelled to:
- Levin, Kim. "Guston." In Art USA Now: 102 Vital Contemporary American Painters, vol. 1. Edited by Lee Nordness. Lucerne: C. J. Bucher, 1962, illus. in color (not numbered) p. 221
- Martini, Alberto, and Franco Russoli. Chefs-D'Oeuvre de l'Art—XII, L'Epoque Contemporaine. Paris: Hachette-Fabri, 1966, illus. p. 2277
- Thomas, Mary. "Abstracts Open Door to Art Heritage." Pittsburgh Post-Gazette, August 5, 2009, pp. C-1, C-3, illus. in b&w and mentioned in text p. C-3
- Storr, Robert. Philip Guston: A Life Spent Painting. London: Laurence King Publishing, 2020, No. 69 illus. in color p. 83 and mentioned in text p. 70