Oil on paper mounted on panel
30 x 40 in.
76.2 x 101.6 cm
- The Frances Lehman Loeb Art Center, Vassar College, Poughkeepsie, New York, Bequest of Musa Guston, 1992.31
- Solomon R. Guggenheim Museum, New York, NY, "Philip Guston", May 03, 1962 - July 01, 1962 Travelled to:
- The Jewish Museum, New York, NY, "Philip Guston, Recent Paintings and Drawings", January 12, 1966 - February 13, 1966
- Max Protetch Gallery, New York, NY, "Stubborn Painting: Now & Then", December 19, 1991 - January 25, 1992
- Shimane Art Museum, Matsue, Shimane Prefectural, Japan, "Paris--New York; Modern Paintings in 19th and 20th Century. Master Works from the Frances Lehman Loeb Art Center, Vassar College, Poughkeepsie, NY", March 07, 2008 - May 11, 2008 Travelled to:
- Berkson, Bill. "Art Chronicle." Kulchur, Autumn 1962, pp. 30–40, mentioned in text p. 38 as "The Actors", not illus.
- Philip Guston. Exh. cat. New York: The Solomon R. Guggenheim Museum, 1962, cat. no. 92, illus. in b&w p. 108
- Guston, Philip, Harold Rosenberg, and Jewish Museum. Philip Guston: Recent Paintings and Drawings. Introduction by Sam Hunter. Exh. cat. New York: Jewish Museum, 1965, cat. no. 4, not illus.
- Rosenberg, Harold. The De-Definition of Art: Action Art to Pop to Earthworks. New York: Horizon Press, 1972, mentioned in text as "The Actors", not illus.
- Stubborn Painting: Now & Then. Exh. cat. New York: Max Protetch Gallery, 1991, illus. in b&w
- Nobuyuki, Okabe. Paris–New York; Modern Paintings in 19th and 20th Century Master Works from the Frances Lehman Loeb Art Center, Vassar College. Japan: Yamagata Museum of Art, 2008, cat. no. 53, p. 107
- Gopalakrishnan, Sasha. "Professor, Art Majors to Present Loeb's Hidden Treasures." Miscellany News (Poughkeepsie), April 19, 2017, section Arts, mentioned in text, not illus.
- Storr, Robert. Philip Guston: A Life Spent Painting. London: Laurence King Publishing, 2020, No. 76 illus. p. 88 and mentioned in text pp. 70 and 78