Oil on paper mounted on panel
40⅛ x 30¼ in.
101.9 x 76.7 cm
Signed front lower center: Philip Guston; inscribed on reverse: PHILIP GUSTON/ "HILL" (underlined) 1961/ 30 x 40
- Yale University Art Gallery, Gift of the artist
- Solomon R. Guggenheim Museum, New York, NY, "Philip Guston", May 03, 1962 - July 01, 1962 Travelled to:
- Yale University Art Gallery, New Haven, CT, "Philip Guston: A New Alphabet, The Late Transition", April 25, 2000 - July 30, 2000 Travelled to:
- Berkson, Bill. "Art Chronicle." Kulchur, Autumn 1962, pp. 30–40, mentioned in text p. 38, not illus.
- Philip Guston. Exh. cat. New York: The Solomon R. Guggenheim Museum, 1962, cat. no. 88, not illus.
- Weber, Joanna, Harry Cooper, and Laura Greengold. Philip Guston A New Alphabet: The Late Transition. Exh. cat. New Haven: Yale University Art Gallery, 2000, illus. in color Plate 2
- Abrams, Matthew Jeffrey. Stanley Whitney. London: Lund Humphries, 2020, no. 13 illus. in color p. 26