Oil on canvas
72 x 78 in.
182.9 x 198.1 cm
- Allen Memorial Art Museum, Oberlin College, Ohio; Bequest of Musa Guston
- The Jewish Museum, New York, NY, "Philip Guston, Recent Paintings and Drawings", January 12, 1966 - February 13, 1966
- J.L. Hudson Gallery, Detroit, MI, "Abstract Expressionism: A Continuing Tradition, Philip Guston, Conrad Marca-Relli, Adolf Gottlieb, Robert Motherwell", November 09, 1966 - November 30, 1966
- Gertrude Kasle Gallery, Detroit, MI, "Philip Guston, Paintings and Drawings", October 04, 1969 - October 30, 1969
- Allen Memorial Art Museum, Oberlin College, Oberlin, OH, "Collecting the Vanguard: Art from 1900-1970", August 17, 2001 - June 02, 2002
- Allen Memorial Art Museum, Oberlin College, Oberlin, OH, "Going Modern at the Allen: American Painting and Sculpture 1950 - 1980", September 16, 2003 - August 30, 2004
- Allen Memorial Art Museum, Oberlin College, Oberlin, OH, "New Frontiers: American Art Since 1945", August 29, 2006 - December 23, 2006
- Guston, Philip, Harold Rosenberg, and Jewish Museum. Philip Guston: Recent Paintings and Drawings. Introduction by Sam Hunter. Exh. cat. New York: Jewish Museum, 1965, cat. no. 28, not illus.
- Berkson, William. "Dialogue with Philip Guston 11/1/64." Art and Literature, an International Review, Winter 1965, pp. 56–69, illus. p. 59 (unpaginated), listed as "Untitled"
- Berkson, William. "Philip Guston: A New Emphasis: In These Canvases of the Sixties Doubt Itself Becomes a Form That Can Be Read as Natural Law." Arts Magazine, February 1966, pp. 15–18, mentioned in text, not illus.
- Abstract Expressionism - a continuing tradition. Exh. cat. Detroit: J.L. Hudson Gallery, 1966, unnumbered cat., illus. in b&w
- Hunter, Sam. American Art of the 20th Century. New York: Harry N. Abrams, 1973, illus. in b&w Plate 477 p. 262
- Ruiz de Eguino, Iñaki Moreno. "La primera retrospectiva europea de Philip Guston, en Madrid." Diario Vasco (San Sebastián), March 11, 1989, mentioned in text, not illus.
- Storr, Robert. Philip Guston: A Life Spent Painting. London: Laurence King Publishing, 2020, illus. in color No. 87 p. 96 and mentioned in text p. 96