Oil on canvas
72 x 80 in.
182.9 x 203.2 cm
Signed front lower left: Philip Guston
- Hirshhorn Museum and Sculpture Garden, Smithsonian Institution, Washington DC, Bequest of Musa Guston, 1992
- Marlborough Gallery, New York, NY, "Philip Guston Recent Paintings", October 17, 1970 - November 07, 1970
- Skidmore College, Schick Art Gallery, Saratoga Springs, NY, "Philip Guston: Early and Late Works", October 15, 1987 - November 15, 1987
- Virginia Museum of Fine Arts, Richmond, VA, "Philip Guston: Paintings of the '70s", October 08, 1994 - February 05, 1995
- Hirshhorn Museum and Sculpture Garden, Washington, D.C., "Ways of Seeing: John Baldessari Explores the Collection", July 26, 2006 - September 23, 2007
- Hirshhorn Museum and Sculpture Garden, Washington, D.C., "Strange Bodies: Figurative Works from the Hirshhorn Collection", December 11, 2008 - November 15, 2009
- Domingo, Willis. "Galleries: Philip Guston: Marlborough Gallery." Arts, November 1970, p. 59, illus. in b&w p. 62
- Rosenberg, Harold. "Liberation from Detachment." The New Yorker, November 7, 1970, pp. 136–41, mentioned in text p. 139, not illus.
- Philip Guston. Exh. cat. New York: Marlborough Gallery, 1970, cat. no. 30, illus. in b&w p. 35
- Rosenberg, Harold. The De-Definition of Art: Action Art to Pop to Earthworks. New York: Horizon Press, 1972, mentioned in text p. 138, not illus.
- Ashton, Dore. "La Amerika de Philip Guston." Plural, February 15, 1974, pp. 47–50, illus. in b&w p. 48
- Philip Guston: Early and Late Works. Exh. cat. Saratoga Springs: Schick Art Gallery, Skidmore College, 1987, cat no. 6-P, illus. in b&w (no page #)
- Slifkin, Robert. "Philip Guston's Return to Figuration and the "1930s Renaissance" of the 1960s." The Art Bulletin 93, no. 2 (2011): pp. 220–42, mentioned in text n16 p. 239, not illus.
- Coolidge, Clark, ed. Philip Guston: Collected Writings, Lectures, and Conversations. Berkeley: University of California Press, 2011, mentioned in text p. 159, not illus.
- Slifkin, Robert. Out of Time: Philip Guston and the Refiguration of Postwar American Art. Berkeley: University of California Press, 2013, illus. in color plate 12
- Miller, Peter Benson, ed. Go Figure! New Perspectives on Guston. New York: American Academy in Rome; New York Review of Books, 2014, illus. in color Fig. 25 p. 68 (unpaginated) and mentioned in text p. 67
- Storr, Robert. Philip Guston: A Life Spent Painting. London: Laurence King Publishing, 2020, No. 124 illus. in color p. 129 and mentioned in text p. 126
- Guston, Philip. I Paint What I Want To See. Penguin Classics, 2022, mentioned in text pp. 101-102, not illus.