Oil on canvas
40¼ x 34¼ in.
102.2 x 87.0 cm
Signed front lower right: Philip Guston; inscribed on reverse: Philip Guston/ 51 W 10 ST/ N.Y.C.
- Private Collection
- Auction: Christie's, Post-War and Contemporary Evening Sale, Sale 2355, Rockefeller Plaza, New York, November 10, 2010, Lot 63
- Bocour Family Collection, New York
- Whitney Museum of American Art, New York, NY, "Business Buys American Art: Third Loan Exhibition by the Friends of the Whitney Museum of American Art", March 17, 1960 - April 24, 1960
- San Francisco Museum of Modern Art, San Francisco, CA, "American Business and the Arts", September 14, 1961 - October 15, 1961
- McKee Gallery, New York, NY, "Philip Guston: Paintings from the Fifties", April 22, 1995 - June 03, 1995
- Manny Silverman Gallery, Los Angeles, CA, "Philip Guston: Selected Works on Paper and Canvas 1951-1978", November 07, 1998 - December 19, 1998
- Gallerie dell'Accademia, Venice, Italy, "Philip Guston and the Poets", May 10, 2017 - September 03, 2017
- Business Buys American Art: Third Loan Exhibition by the Friends of the Whitney Museum of American Art. Exh. cat. New York: Whitney Museum of American Art, 1960, cat. no. 64, not illus. Bocour Artist Colors, New York
Munson-Williams-Proctor Institute Museum of Art School of Art Bulletin. "Visiting Artists." October-November 1961.
, illus. in b&w as part of a photograph with Leonard Bocour
- Philip Guston: Paintings from the Fifties. Exh. cat. New York: McKee Gallery, 1995, cat. no. 4, illus. in color (no page #)
- Philip Guston: Selected Works on Paper and Canvas 1951-1978. Exh. cat. Los Angeles: Manny Silverman Gallery, 1998, illus. in color p. 2
- Philip Guston & The Poets. Exh. cat. Essay by Kosme de Barañano. Hauser & Wirth, 2017, illus. in color p. 27
- Storr, Robert. Philip Guston: A Life Spent Painting. London: Laurence King Publishing, 2020, No. 38 illus. in color p. 52